Saturday, December 9, 2006

We Are Experiencing Mechanical Difficulties.

Everyone was back in class today for Emergency Procedures. We watched a lot of videos of planes crashing, and saw a lot of pictures of piles of burnt crap that used to be planes. I admit that I never really payed much attention to the passenger safety card in the seatback pocket, in part because I was grossed out to touch something that a million other people have already touched, but also because I thought every plane was the same. Turns out that it even though the card probably is pretty germy, it has info specific to the aircraft you're on on what to do in an emergency.

We practiced our prepared cabin announcements in groups. We already know that I am the bomb at this announcement, but this time we set up a fake plane and did the whole shebang - how to demonstrate the brace positions, what to tell your exit row ABPs (able-bodied passengers), and what to tell the ABPs in the first row to do with your body if you are "incapacitated." We're going to be tested and timed on our prepared cabin - I did mine in seven minutes, which is pretty good (we have to make it under ten).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CREEPY! Now I am scared to fly. I am still proud of you though. Love, Amy