Thursday, February 28, 2008

Ring the Alarm

Two days after I owned those passengers with that brace position shit, baby Jesus decided to bring me down a notch:
When it's cold outside (i.e. every freaking day in Chicago), we have to deice.  That means someone drives around in a truck with a supersoaker on it and sprays the plane for like 10 minutes while we sit and wait to takeoff.  The glycol solution they use is super-slippery, and since we often board and deplane with the aircraft stairs at O'Hare instead of a jetbridge (ghetto, I know), this super-slippery glycol gets all up on the galley floor.  Which is why I totally ate it during our pre-departure demo while I was attempting to point out the emergency exits to first class.  It was pretty loud when I hit the floor, so loud that later the Captain told me he thought an atlas (one of our galley soda containers) had fallen out.  There was much gasping and are-you-oks from the passengers; the aft F/A asked if I was alright over the PA, before helpfully describing the fall to those who may have missed it the first time around.  My good friend BeyoncĂ© has agreed to reenact the scene for you:  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh no.