Friday, December 22, 2006

Walking In Memphis.

Let's recap, shall we? Monday: Graduation. Tuesday: Flew to Indianapolis. Wednesday: Indianapolis. Thursday: Back to work! Indianapolis to Chicago to Cedar Rapids (rerouted to Rockford, Illinois) to Tulsa. Friday (Today): Tulsa to Chicago to Memphis.

Will I ever not be tired? I've been able to stay out of the mess in Denver so far, but that doesn't mean it hasn't affected me. We had to cancel our Cedar Rapids to Denver leg yesterday, and then we had to ferry the plane from Rockford to Tulsa without any passengers so we'd be able to fly out in the morning. Because of this, my credit hours are down. But don't worry! They added an extra day to my trip so that now I'll be flying Edmonton to Denver to Springfield to Chicago to Indianapolis on Christmas Eve.

The Rockford airport yesterday was like Dawn of the Dead - they had already sent most of the staff home since there were no more flights, and they weren't expecting us because we were rerouted there. We were the only ones at the gate, and apparently the passengers got pretty pissy when they found out they were being bussed back to Chicago. Since we had no passengers to Tulsa, the Captain and First Officer let me sit in the cockpit jumpseat for the flight - pretty awesome, and so many shiny buttons! We weren't in Tulsa for very long, which was fine since it was very nonremarkable. It was like in Wayne's World when they tried out the green screen: "Hi. I'm in Delaware."

However. The whole crew was excited about our Memphis layover tonight because our hotel is actually downtown and not in some airport suburban wasteland. We watched these trained ducks march out of a fountain and into an elevator, then had some awesome ribs. I wish I could've stayed out later but we have a lot of crap tomorrow so I will contain the urge to par-tay.

*I have pics to back up my story, just not my USB cable. My apologies to the Boy Scouts.

No comments: