Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Joe the Plumber

This morning a first class passenger came up to the galley during my flight from Memphis to Chicago to let us know the lav toilet was not flushing. Normally when this happens (and it does happen) I use a bottle of water or do a No. 1 of my own to force down any toilet paper clumps or stray turdlets off the side of the bowl. Today, though, my bottled water was no match for what I found when I entered the lavatory: a toilet bowl filled halfway with thick tubes of poo, topped off with several paper towels instead of toilet paper. The water I dumped into the toilet just stayed there, mocking me, so I had to improvise, pushing the sludgy Chunky soup-mess with the end of the empty water bottle until it all disappeared into the depths of the aircraft.

Tomorrow I'm going to Paris, where the toilets always flush and people have the decency to poop in the privacy of their homes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sick.

Jill N said...

i kind of know how this feels. learners crap on our step all of the time...seriously!

Anonymous said...

Dude, You do need a vacation. Have a great time in Paris, I know your company is fabbu. Love to you both. BJ