Saturday, March 22, 2008

Orange

You know it's a bad day when United's website will not even load. This is because all of the old people scheduled to be on my flight are trying to check their flight status at the same time. TIP: It's canceled because I am stuck in Fort Wayne, Indiana!

I will never understand how O'Hare is so susceptible to snowstorms . If they were on The Apprentice they would've been fired a long time ago when the ceiling fell on Omarosa. There are maybe four runways at O'Hare (I'm kind of making this up), and when bad weather happens (i.e. every other week - seriously, whose bright idea was it to create an airline hub in such crappy weather?) they shut down at least one runway. Which affects every inbound flight's arrival time (this is called "flow"). Air Traffic Control, like Nazi Germany, is all about the greater good, so the first flights to get hit with delays are the ones with the least passengers, like me, with only 50 measly passengers. 50 grumpy assholes who act like jaded frequent fliers but simultaneously behave as if a three-hour delay is not a common occurrence at O'Hare . Which, NEWSFLASH, it is! God, I hate that freaking airport.

No comments: