Friday, May 18, 2007

...And It's All Dumb Shit.


After almost 6 months, I finally made it back to Nashville. I wish I could say the reason I went was to haul all my crap out of my sister's garage, but apparently that dream just isn't ready to be fulfilled yet. However. One benefit of being gone for so long is the shear number of gifts that have piled up in my absence. They include:

Gift no. 1: A lovely cross-stitch (pictured above) that my sister made for me; sort of a grown-up version of "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff;"very inspirational.

Gift no. 2: A brand-new DVD of the best 80's move ever, The Wizard, starring Fred Savage, some kid I don't know, and the Power Glove! I seriously had dreams about this movie and getting the magic flute in Mario 3 on that ginormous TV.

Gift no. 3: An iPod shuffle that Apple must've sent me before I took myself off active duty. Perfect timing, since someone swiped my on-its-last-legs 3rd gen a few weeks ago in San Francisco.

and

Gift no. 4: The rest of my contact lenses. Not so much a gift as I bought them myself over a year ago, but very welcome nonetheless since I've been wearing the same 30-day Night & Day lenses since I left Tennessee. Like Paul (née Saul) on the road to Damascus, my cataracts of astigmatism and myopia have now fallen to the wayside.

No comments: