Thursday, February 1, 2007

Sunny Side-Up.


You know I am all about the bargains, so on Monday I went on a three-day vacay to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Despite the fact that my travel time there and back was almost as much as my time spent there, it was great to be away from everything for a little while.

Usually when I go somewhere, I prefer a city that offers a lot to see and do so I won't get bored. Now I understand the appeal of doing nothing (if nothing means eating, drinking and reading a lot) and still having a good time. It was weird to not have so many things to spaz about, but I still had restaurant selection to get that out of my system.

While Vallarta is a resort city, we stayed in Old Town, a bit removed from the huge hotels and touristy marketplaces. The food was very good, and thanks to a favorable exchange rate, nothing is really that expensive. The locals were all friendly (not one made a comment on my pastiness); one of my favorites was Angel the chihuahua:


There are more photos of my trip on my flickr page.

No comments: